Friday 26 February 2010

bleak memoirs

 





This are some sketches of the sculptures i never did, probably i was thinking they were to brutal in the end, in the end  I did throw out that book with them in it. There it is again someone abusing an library book, this time it was me, haven´t really thought much about them but now looking at them I miss that book. It was about an East German sculptor. It was very bleak, i don´t even know if there was any other emotion than death, fear, grief and need for shelter, there is sth about the unfantastic that really calmed me, also the fact that i never heard of this person, and the book was done in brown cloth, i hope it was linen, there were also pictures of his studio but i did not see any cats purring around the torsos, since this another beautiful thing that i would like to see, everything looked cold and old, not like the past more sth nonexistent, non exciting. 
Reminded me of another book I never finished reading, the biography of my adored Mr. Cornell Woolrich "First you dream and then you die", which also made also an very lasting impression of loneliness on me. I could not finish it, but I do still have it. Maybe because it is in English and I  tend to get rid easier of German books.
There were many more (pictures) but I concentrated in this selection on the heads, and things about heads.




No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors